In some situations it is necessary to disable chat in order to have a smooth running class.
This can be done fairly easily as long as you have the following:
- A computer with Network Administrator access OR local administrator over the client computers.
- NetSupport School Deploy (Part of installation)
- Client Configuration tools (Part of installation)
- Access to the remote machines admin$ share
This is a relatively simple procedure and follows in very closely with your initial deployment of the software.
- In windows, Click Start -> Programs/All Programs -> NetSupport School -> NetSupport School Deploy
On the left hand side you are presented with your Domains/Workgroups/IP Addresses.
- Locate and select the computers you want to deploy a configuration change too.
- Right Click on one of the selected computers
- Select Deploy -> Client Configuration
- In the new window that appears Select Properties
If this is the first time you have attempted to push out a new configuration you will need to follow these steps to select the configuration file.
- Select Browse
- Scroll down the file/folder list on the right hand side to "Client32.ini".
- Click 'Open'
Continuation of config:
- Select 'Edit'
- On the left hand side category, select 'User Interface'
- On the right hand side within 'Menu Items', Check 'Disable Chat'
This is what is required to disable student chat options.
It is always good practice to make sure a security key is set. This is done within the 'Security' Category, 'Security Key'
- Select 'OK'.
- A window will appear asking you to restart the client. Select "Yes"
- Select 'OK' to leave the Client configuration properties.
- Select 'Deploy'
Assuming you have the correct access & permissions you should now see the configuration file being copied to your selected computers.
If you have any problems please take a quick look through our knowledge base for suggested answers.
If your error is not within the list, please contact us on 1800 674 935.
Written by Adam Gurrie 27/05/2010