NetSupport Manager v11 MSI Deployment
Can also use the same method for NetSupport School
Deploying Netsupport Manager.msi
The ability of NetSupport Manager.msi is that it can be pre-configured and installed silently.
The NetSupport Manager.msi file can automatically deploy the following files provided they are in the same Folder:
1. License file (NSM.lic)
2. Install configuration file (NSM.ini)
3. It is also capable of deploying a client32 configuration file.
How you deploy is up to you depending on your environment.
The command to silently install NetSupport Manager is:
msiexec /i "netsupport manager.msi" /qn
In order to pre-configure what the msi file deploys we need to create a configuration file (NSM.ini).
To do that we have to extract the contents of the msi file using the Microsoft Windows Install MSIEXEC utility….
Extracting the contents using MSIEXEC :
1. Open command prompt.
2. Navigate to the folder containing the NetSupport Manager.msi file and type:
a. msiexec /a “netsupport manager.msi”
3. Run through the wizard and extract the contents to a folder of your choice.
4. To get an understanding of MSIEXEC commands type:
a. msiexec /?
Next step is creating a NSM.ini file that pre configures what parts of NetSupport Manager are to be installed:
1. Open command prompt
2. Navigate through the extracted contents of the msi file to \program files\NetSupport\NetSupport Manager
3. Type in:
This loads up the below configuration options:
Here you can Select what you want to install.
Simply click ok and it will prompt you to save the file as NSM.ini
Save the file next to your Netsupport Manager.msi file (37,856KB).
Next step is placing your License file in the same directory as your NetSupport Manager.msi and nsm.ini files
Now NetSupport Manager is ready to be deployed.